$35 – $350
Bring the wilderness home with this map of the trail to Avalanche Lake in Glacier National Park. This 2D print combines hillshading, detailed topography, and route info to tell the story of your time in the mountains of Montana. Made by an independent artist.
For illustrative use only. Not for navigation.
Text that appears on the map
Start on the Trail of the Cedars, then follow the Avalanche Creek gorge for two miles to the lake. Bearhat Mountain (8,689 ft) rises to the northeast and Little Matterhorn (7,886 ft) to the south.
- Round trip: 4.5 miles
- Elevation gain: 730 feet
- Avalanche Lake elevation: 3,905 feet
Text and/or cropping might vary slightly at different map sizes. Please view the photos above to see the exact content on the 11×14, 16×20, and 22×28 maps.
Small maps – 11″ x 14″
- $35 on poster paper (unframed)
- $60 as an archival-quality giclee print (unframed)
- $140 as a framed archival-quality giclee print
Medium maps – 16″ x 20″
- $55 on poster paper (unframed)
- $95 as an archival-quality giclee print (unframed)
- $220 as a framed archival-quality giclee print – Shown in the lifestyle photo. Model is 5' 9" tall.
Large Maps – 22″ x 28″
- $90 on poster paper (unframed)
- $180 as an archival-quality giclee print (unframed)
- $350 as a framed archival-quality giclee print
- Poster Paper — classic poster paper with a satin finish, bright white point, and vivid color.
- Giclée — acid-free archival-grade ink, acid-free 100% cotton, single-side coated paper. Has a natural white finish with a slightly textured matte surface.
Frames (Giclee only)
- Black Frame — ¾” wide, wood with veneer
- Walnut Fame — 1 1/4” wide, wood
- Maple Frame — 1 1/4” wide, wood
- Matting — 1” wide, conservation-grade (white)
- Average printing/production time for paper only (poster or giclee) is 3–5 business days.
- Average printing/production time for paper and a frame is 5–8 business days.
- Unframed prints ship via USPS (3–6 business days).
- Framed prints ship via UPS (3–6 business days).
- International shipping is not available at this time.
Returns and Refunds
- Do you accepts returns or give refunds?
Because I print each map specifically for each order, I’m not able to accept returns or offer refunds.
- If your item was damaged during shipping, please let me know and I’ll work with my printing partner to send you replacement copy.
I use precise digital elevation models (DEMs) to create shaded relief for every valley, ridge, peak, and river, which I add to vintage 1:24,000 topo maps from the United States Geological Survey. These historic maps were originally printed on a lithographic press and field-checked on foot, and they give each print a natural, authentic feel.
Commission a Personal Map
My maps are for illustrative purposes only. Although almost all the natural features are accurate, historic USGS maps are of varying age, reliability, and resolution, glaciers and routes above treeline change frequently. These prints should not be used for navigation, land ownership claims, or up-to-date information about public access.